Tomorrow Joel will have been gone for four weeks, which has gone so fast and so slow at the same time. He doesn't have much time to write to people, so he asked that I keep you all posted. He seems to be doing well. He found another LDS guy and they have become friends, though they can only really talk at church. He says he runs with the fast group. He was 1 of 8 in his platoon to get 100% on the combat lifesaving test. When he first got there, he met a guy named Powers who seemed like a huge jerk, and when they were assigned rooms he ended up being bunk mates with him. But turns out this guy, who typically has a very foul mouth, when he found out that Joel doesn't swear, decided that their room would be a swearing free zone. He enforces this with anyone who comes in. One of the tender mercies Joel has found there. Somehow he finds time to write sweet, funny letters to Damon and me. I realize more and more how lucky I am to be married to him.
Damon and I have been staying busy. We visit family, run errands, try to keep the house clean, and work in the yard. We have incredible neighbors who help us and watch out for us. I am so grateful for all of the people our lives have been blessed with.
5 comments:
I'm glad to hear things are going well...at least as well as can be expected. I think basic training is the hardest because of all the priveliges they don't have (like calling home whenever they want). I had to stay really busy when Jared was in basic, too. It helped a lot.
I'm thinking of you and hoping the time flies by!
tell Joel I love him, if you wouldn't mind.
and I love you and Damon, too, of course. :)
I'm so glad both you and Joel are doing well and that the Lord is taking care of you.
Julie! We need to come visit you or you need to come over for dinner or something. I miss you!
First of all, tell Joel thanks for not manning up and joining the Marine Corps. We wouldn't want any more warfighters out there killing terrorists. 2nd, tell him to have fun and that everything at boot camp is always worse then it seems. Tell him the Congers are thinking of him and we know he should have not problem getting through it. Also tell him that his cousin Jesse will mock him mercisly when he sees him again.
Post a Comment