. . . for grass to be done. We are almost ready, thanks mostly to my home teacher, the RS president's husband, the EQP, and my brother-in-laws Ben & DJ. We just have to test the sprinkler heads, do one last smoothing rake over and spread fertilizer. Sod is coming Wednesday afternoon, along with (I'm pretty sure) some neighbors and family to help. No way I can do it with just Damon's help, though he does like to help in the yard. He lugs around big shovels (even gets some dirt up), tries to push the wheelbarrow, and helps lug rocks. He's just trying to be the man of the house like his daddy told him to be.
. . . for something to grow in our garden. I've never been in charge of so many growing things and I'm a little terrified that I will kill everything and not a single seed will sprout.
. . . for Joel to get to call again. For some reason it seems like everyone told me before he left that Joel would get one 3-5 minute phone call once a week. Maybe I was misinformed, maybe his platoon is too undisciplined, or maybe his Drill Sargeants really like to use the phone call as incentive/punishment, but it has been 5 weeks and I have had two 1 minute phone calls and one 4 minute phone call. He called for less than a minute on Mother's Day, and I guess I just got my hopes up that maybe he would be able to call again today, but no such luck. Maybe next week. Good thing I have letters or I would be completely insane already.
1 comment:
I haven't checked on you lately...how's it going? It sounds like you still don't get to have regular phone calls. I really hope that improves soon!
Are you still doing ok babywise? I just did my glucose test today...nothing like drinking that lovely sugar drink! I got this guy who couldn't get a vein on one arm and I was about to die. (remember I'm a BIG wimp when it comes to needles! Big is even an understatement....so now I feel "traumatized" for the day;-)
Post a Comment