Thursday, July 16, 2009

Now We are Four (or is it Five?)

This past week, my little sister Lori moved in with me for the summer. We've been planning this since before Joel left, but it has definitely been another huge blessing that she came home from Europe and moved in just a few days after Emma and I got home from Kentucky. She's helped keep the house clean, fixed meals, played with Damon, held Emma, and kept me sane by just being here to talk to. I just love her!

Today we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with Lori, Lisa and Tyler. Damon liked to look at all the pictures of Jesus--he would point to Him and say Je-Je which was adorable. His favorite part was the baptismal font. He kept saying water and "Mooooo" for the oxen. It was nice for me to have a few more adults to help keep him from running all over the place. I just loved walking through such a beautiful building. I'm excited to go back soon. I didn't take any pictures, but I'll post a few other random ones.
This picture is just because I think Emma is so precious.



Here is Damon all dressed up and ready to go. He brought me the shirt, tie, vest and shoes to put on, and then he insisted that it was time to leave.



Damon loves to play in the "ball pit" at the bottom of the stairs. He thinks it is fun to throw his balls down the stairs, and I am too lazy to bring them back up over and over. So he makes a ball stash and then goes down and hangs out.

Damon is adjusting to having a baby sister pretty well. He loves to hold her, gives her kisses and throws away her diapers. His frustrations seem to be getting a little better. He doesn't try to push her off my lap as much or try to bite/kick me as often. I am getting a little more patience with him and figuring out ways to help him be happier. I hope things keep getting better.
This is Damon meeting Emma for the first time--see that cute smile on his face? He likes her.


Today, Emma was getting a little tummy time, and Damon decided that he wanted to be a baby too.

1 comment:

Groupie Lori said...

She is so beatuiful and I love the picture of Damon geting ready to go. He knows how to dress. It reminded me of how Joel started wearing Hawaiian shirts to school and soon everyone was wearing them. He could be a fad maker like his dad. I see Emma has skinny legs I hope she keeps that feature. Skinny legs aren't so bad onse you are an adult. I didn't mind being called chicken legs. HA.