Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just for You

Joel Bree, remember that one time you decided that it would be amazing to make themed quilts for each of our children and that Damon needed a safari quilt with a little old safari man because he is such a monkey?

Remember how you practiced drawing cool safari animals, and then we made Lisa draw some, and finally we decided that Brenda's safari drawings were just right?

Remember how when you left I promised that I would make Damon's quilt while you were gone so that we could give it to him for his second birthday along with a big-boy bed?

Because it is finished--all pieced, appliqued, tied and bound. And most importantly, he loves it. Rolls on it, wraps up in it, snuggles it, and plays hide-and-seek with it. And I hope that you love it too, because this was all your idea: So now I will fold it up and put it away so Damon won't remember it when we give it to him in a few months. Remember, when we make Emma's Fish quilt, you get to help cut out all the little pictures.

And here's to making the rest of your big ideas and dreams come true.

5 comments:

The Standrings said...

what a great idea!! so so darling!

Schmetterling said...

That's FANTASTIC! Last I heard, Joel had this great idea for a quilt but was stymied by his inability to draw. I'm glad it finally worked out!

Melissa said...

Where on earth do you find the time? You are amazing. Can I bring dinner to you yet?

Michelle said...

Julie, you are amazing. I can't even describe how amazing I think you are, only that I hope to be like you someday. The quilt is absolutely beautiful.

Megan said...

Gosh you guys are like the cutest couple ever, and it kind of makes me sick! :) JK, I love you guys so much and I also love the quilt! Great job Julie and great idea Joel! :)