This week has been a little crazy. I worked 4 full days this week, and considering I usually don't even work 4 full days in a month, it was a little exhausting. I was also in charge of training an intern the entire time, but she was sweet and learned fast so it was all good. The highlight of my work week was a dear elderly Kiwi who had been through a lot these past few months. She was so cheerful and when someone complimented her on her attitude, she just said (in a delightful accent), "Well, you can't sit and cry in a hankie your whole life." I think it will be my new motto for a while.
My good friends Driel and Melissa threw a shower for Emma and me on Saturday. We had so much fun seeing friends and family! It always amazes me how many wonderful, fun people I have in my life.
I was supposed to teach Relief Society this morning, but Damon spiked a fever of 104.8 last night, so I had to call my poor RS president early this morning and tell her I couldn't make it to church today. Damon has been so sick all day today, I hope he gets better soon.
Joel says he is doing well and again wants me to say hello to all his friends and family from him. He says he rocked the final PT test--he even got 100% on the 2 mile (I have a hard time picturing him as a runner). He is very excited to graduate in less than two weeks, and we are very excited to go see him, even though it is just for a few hours.
4 comments:
Poor Damon!
I love that you called that woman a kiwi. My grandma is a kiwi and her accent is delightful. Hope you're feeling okay!!
I hope Damon's feeling better! Adam had a fever for a couple of days, along with a nasty nose and just feeling all around cruddy. I'm glad you get to go see Joel, I'm sure you both need it! This separation stuff is for the birds. But I like your new motto...I might have to cross stitch it into a pillow or something. Just kidding, but it's good.
Hope you're doing well!
oh man, sick kids are the worst! i hope he feels better soon! you get to see joel? woohoo! that is so exciting! can't wait to see little baby #2!
I can't wait either. And to see you and Damon too!!!! I hope he is feeling better. Give him lots and lots of gramie kisses for me.
Post a Comment