Friday, March 13, 2009

It's a . . .

We found out on Wednesday that we are having a girl!! We plan to name her Emma Ray, after her daddy and a ray of sunshine.

After we got home, Joel pointed to my belly and told Damon, "There's a baby in there!" Damon looked confused and made the sign for "Where?" Then he lifted up my shirt and didn't find a baby, so he poked my belly button and blew a raspberry. It was really cute! How do you help an 18-month-old understand that he's going to be a big brother?

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congrats! I'm glad we can all do our part to contribute to the Bree grand-daughters =). What a fun new adventure. If you find the trick to teaching Damon about being a big brother, pass it on! Adam is going to be a very jealous kid--he already hates it when the older boys get too close to my lap. I don't remember Chandler ever being like that, but he was a bit older than Adam.

Anyway, I'm really excited for you!

The Standrings said...

how exciting! congrats! we can't wait to meet little emma!

Rachel said...

Congrats you guys! I have been meaning to call you to find out what you are going to have but I just thought to check your blog and was successful! Yay. I'm sure Damon will love her.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Little girls are SO much fun and have really cute clothes. As for explaining to Damon, I can't help you there! Emily has no idea, although she does get a little confused when I am holding her on my lap and the baby is kicking her.
I miss our walks too!

Melissa said...

Julie! We miss you like mad! I just read about Joel and the military! My parents live 20 mins from Fort Knox and I think they go to their ward!!! I'll have to ask! Congrats on baby #2. You will love having a girl and Emma is a very pretty name! We love you, tell Joel we are supporting him!