Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Exciting Weekend

We've had a very exciting and productive weekend! It all started on Friday when I talked Julie into running a 5k race with me the next day. We signed up for the American Red Cross Run for Red 5k in Provo. I've never actually run a race like that before and it's been a while for Julie so we decided to go ahead and give it a try. Julie pointed out that some people are pretty hard core about these types of things and I started getting nervous. I think we were both just a little anxious about the decision. We've been running around town a little bit together so I knew we could do the distance no problem, we were just afraid of embarrassing ourselves. But we resolved that we would run it and have fun, even if we came in last. We made a goal to finish in under 35 minutes and I can proudly say that we both ran it in about 27 mins which is three nine minute miles. Not all that impressive I know but well under our goal of 35 mins and not bad considering Julie is 20 weeks pregnant and Joel pushed Damon the whole way.
But that's not all we did this weekend. We also got a little crazy with the arts and crafts. A week or so ago we finally started putting pictures and stuff up on our walls and we decided to hang this coat rack that I had built out in the dinning room. However, we have a coat closet so we don't need to hang coats there. Julie got the brilliant idea to hang pictures from it. We bought some plain wooden frames and painted them. It turned out a lot better than we thought it would and it makes our dinning room look neat, crafty, unique, cool, etc. In other words we like it. Damon helped paint some and I think he liked it. Here are a few pictures:

1 comment:

The Standrings said...

wow! what a great idea, you guys! i love it!