Dear Dad,
Did you know that I am who I am becuase of you? I like to go a ride my bike because you're way into bikes. I love the outdoors because as a kid you took my camping and showed my how to appreciate the blessing of nature. I try to help people and serve where ever I can because you made me stick around after everyone else went home and finish cleaning up. I love and respect my mom because you taught me it was important and I love and respect my wife the same. Every once and a while I still contemplate joining the Marines so I can be more like you. I went to college because you wanted better for me than you had. There's a lot of things that I am and do today that you might think you taught me very well but believe it or not your "do as I say, not as I do" attitude taught me what was important, even if you're not the best example. I take my wife to the temple and I go to church because you taught me those things are important. I was married in the temple for time and all eternity because I learned in my home from you and from mom what it means to be an eternal family.
I love you Dad. You're not perfect. I'm not perfect either but I'm a better man than I would be if you hadn't raised me.
No comments:
Post a Comment