This has been a great summer for projects, and I wanted to highlight a few of them. My first and biggest is one that has been in the works for at least three years. I finally reupholstered our couch. I don't have before pictures, but I think you can imagine the original fabric. Everyone knows an old couch in 70s orange plaid. Since all I had to do was cover the cushions, this project ended up being surprisingly easy. Not a perfect job, but for my first re-upholstery project, not to shabby either. Plus, this couch's greatest ambitions are to be the best looking thing in our unfinished basement and make awesome cushion forts. I think I fulfilled both.
Next, I finally made a car seat canopy. I know the pattern is a little girly, but the colors are gender neutral, and I like it. I got enough fabric for my sister to make a nursing cover out of the same material. I was planning on doing both the month before Emma was born, but she surprised me, and both projects went on the back burner until now.Finally, ever since we bought our piano three years ago, I've wanted to recover the piano bench. And I finally did it today!
Before: (note that this is not fabric, it's old, plasticky, starting to crack a little vinyl)
After:
I love this suede upholstery fabric. And lucky for me, I was able to match the paint without bringing home samples and going back to the fabric store. And I had this all done in an hour (it probably would have been faster, but my two helpers decided that they should help by getting into the toolbox and nails instead of playing quietly downstairs.) But they sure are cute today!





2 comments:
Nice! You are one talented woman! Someday I might explore the world of sewing and fabric. I'm super impressed.
Julie, your kids are getting so big! Cute.
Post a Comment