Thursday, February 19, 2009

Babies

The last few times Damon has seen his 3 1/2 month old cousin Chloe, he has been so excited. He wants to hold and hug her, then he touches her face and gets a big grin on his. I've been impressed with how soft he is to her (especially since no matter what we do, I don't think he knows how to be soft to anyone else).

Anyway, I figured since he's just starting to show interest in babies, maybe we could do a little big brother training. Yesterday I dug out a life-like baby doll from under my bed and let Damon hold it. Within 5 minutes, he was saying baby (sounds like meme) and signing it too. He is not quite as soft to plastic baby. He likes to poke his eyes and carry him around. He also sets him on the exercise ball and tries to bounce him like we do for him, but the baby just falls on its head. Oh well, so much for training. But it sure is cute to hear him say baby!

In other news, Joel is being taken to Salt Lake tonight for a full day of physicals tomorrow (sounds fun, right?). If he passes, he will sign papers, be sworn in, and get ready to go to Kentucky on April 14th. I'll have him let you all know how it goes when he gets back.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Kentucky is a cool place, if you're not allergic to blue grass.

I, unfortunately, am.

The Standrings said...

kentucky huh? so are you not going with him julie? that is so cute about damon and the baby